Project » Objectives
- Developing quantitative techniques that enable a non-biased ex-post evaluation of the impact of EU RD programmes, i.e. disentangling the programme effect from other exogenous factors; calculation programme’s substitution effects, replacement effects, deadweight loss effects and other indirect effects.
- Deriving an aggregated indicator of regional development, the Rural Development Index (RDI), to be used for ex-ante and ex-post evaluations of RD programmes in rural areas.
- Developing quantitative techniques that allow more precise ex-ante evaluations of RD programmes by taking into consideration the impact of tangible and intangible factors (e.g. networking).
- Comparing evaluation results of quantitative advanced methods with other methodologies applied in evaluation studies.
- Providing policy recommendations for an improved evaluation of RD programmes in the EU.